Automatic Metric feature automatically configures the metric for the local routes that are based on link speed. To prevent OUI from selecting the wrong network interface during installation, you must customize the metric values for the public and private network interfaces.
- In Control Panel, double-click Network Connections.
- Right-click a network interface, and then click Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Advanced.
- To specify a metric, on the IP Settings tab, click to clear the Automatic metric check box.
- In the Interface Metric field, set the public network interface metric to a lower value than the private network interface.For example, you might set the public network interface metric to 100 and the private network interface metric to 300.