Starting with Oracle Grid Infrastructure 18c, you can download and apply Release Updates (RUs) and one-off patches during an Oracle Grid Infrastructure installation or upgrade.
- Download the patches you want to apply from My Oracle Support:
- Select the Patches and Updates tab to locate the patch.Oracle recommends that you select Recommended Patch Advisor, and enter the product group, release, and platform for your software.
- Move the patches to an accessible directory like
- Change to the Oracle Grid Infrastructure home directory:
- Apply Release Updates (RUs) and any one-off patches during the installation or upgrade process:
$ ./gridSetup.sh -applyRU patch_directory_location -applyOneOffs comma_seperated_list_of_patch_directory_locations
Note:You can apply RUs and one-off patches separately or together in the same command.
- Complete the remaining steps in the Oracle Grid Infrastructure configuration wizard to complete the installation or upgrade.