Applying Patches During an Oracle Database Installation or Upgrade
Starting with Oracle Database 18c, you can download and apply Release Updates (RUs) during an Oracle Database installation or upgrade.
- Download the patches you want to apply from My Oracle Support:
- Select the Patches and Updates tab to locate the patch.Oracle recommends that you select Recommended Patch Advisor, and enter the product group, release, and platform for your software.
- Move the patches to an accessible directory like
- Change to the Oracle Database home directory:
$ cd $ORACLE_HOME
- Apply Release Updates (RUs) during the installation or upgrade process:
$ ./runInstaller -applyRU patch_directory_location
- Complete the remaining steps in the Oracle Database configuration wizard to complete the installation or upgrade.