This document explains how to manage the audit trail records in Oracle ASM instances.
Oracle ASM audit records with Syslog
Oracle ASM audit trail records are redirected to the Syslog facility.
With this facility, the Oracle ASM audit trail records are written to /var/log/oraasmaudit.log file.
- Log rotation is configured for Oracle ASM audit trail records in /etc/logrotate.d/oraasmaudit configuration file. Audit logs are rotated once every four weeks and will be compressed after they are rotated.
Managing Oracle ASM audit records in Operating system audit trail
Operating system audit trail
Enabling Operating system audit trail
To disable syslog auditing and enable Operating system audit trail, set
AUDIT_SYSLOG_LEVEL initialization parameter to
AUDIT_TRAIL initialization parameter to
Purging Operating system audit trail files
Managing Oracle ASM audit records in Unified audit trail
Unified audit trail
- See Oracle Database Security Guide for more information about unified auditing.
- Unified audit trail records are available through
GV$UNIFIED_AUDIT_TRAILview for Oracle ASM RAC instances.
Enabling Unified audit trail
- See Oracle Database Security Guide for more details on enabling unified audit trail.
Purging Unified audit trail files
Audit Trail Properties in Operating System and Unified Audit Trail
Table 3-3 Audit Trail Size and Age Properties
Audit file max size
Audit file max age
Audit purge job interval
- audclearproperty ASMCMD command
- Oracle Database PL/SQL Packages and Types Reference for more details about audit trail properties.