Complete this procedure to upgrade Grid Infrastructure Management Repository (GIMR) from an earlier release.
- As the
griduser, create GIMR home directory on all cluster nodes:
$ mkdir -p /u01/app/21.0.0/gimr $ chown grid:oinstall /u01/app/21.0.0/gimr
- Download the Oracle Database image files and extract the files to the GIMR
$ cd /u01/app/21.0.0/gimr $ unzip -q download_location/db_home.zip
download_location/db_home.zipis the path of the downloaded Oracle Database image file.
You must extract the image software into the directory where you want your GIMR home to be located.
Download and copy the Oracle Database image files to the local node only. During upgrade, the software is copied and installed on all other nodes in the cluster.
- From the GIMR home directory, start the Oracle Database software
$ cd /u01/app/21.0.0/gimr $ ./runInstaller
runInstallercommand from the GIMR home directory only. Do not run
runInstallercommand that resides at
$GIMR_HOME/oui/bin/, or any other location, to install Oracle Real Application Clusters.
- In the Select Configuration Option screen, select the Setup Software Only option. Click Next.
- In the Select Database Installation Option screen, select the Oracle Real Application Clusters Database Installation option. Click Next.
- In the Node Selection screen, select all the nodes where you want to install Oracle RAC or Oracle RAC One Node software. Click Next.
- In the Select Database Edition screen, select the Enterprise Edition option. Click Next.
- In the Specify Install Location screen, provide the location of Oracle base for
Oracle RAC software installation.The Oracle base directory must be different from the GIMR home directory. Click Next.
- In the Privileged Operating System Groups screen, accept the default operating system group names for Oracle Database administration and click Next.
- Select the option to Automatically run configuration
scripts. Enter the credentials for the
rootuser or a
sudoaccount, then click Next.Alternatively, you can run the scripts manually as the
rootuser at the end of the installation process when prompted by the installer.
- The Perform Prerequisite Checks screen displays the results of the prerequisites checks. If any of the checks have a status of Failed and are not Fixable, then you must manually correct these issues. After you have fixed the issue, you can click the Check Again button to have the installer recheck the requirement and update the status. Repeat as needed until all the checks have a status of Succeeded. Click Next.
- Review the contents of the Summary screen and then click
Install. The installer displays a progress indicator enabling you to monitor the installation process.
- If you did not configure automation of the root scripts, then you are required
root.shscript as the
rootuser, as specified in the Execute Configuration Scripts window. Do not click OK until you have run the
root.shscript on all nodes as directed.You can run the
root.shscript simultaneously on all nodes in the cluster for Oracle RAC installations or upgrades.
- Complete GIMR upgrade process using the following command:
$ /u01/app/21.0.0/gimr/bin/mgmtua upgrade gimrHome