You can export applications from versions 18.104.22.168.0nn, 22.214.171.124.0nn, 126.96.36.199.5nn, or 12.2.1, using the 11g LCM Export Utility, and then import them to the target version using the CLI Utility. Note that you can also run LCMImport from the Essbase Jobs tab to import applications.
- Download the 11g LCM Export Utility: In the Essbase web interface, click Console, expand Command Line Tools, and download the 11g LCM Export Utility (
EssbaseLCMUtility.zip). The downloaded utility must be copied to and run on the same machine as the Essbase 11g On-Premise or 12.2.1 installation, for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) roles to be exported.
- Set export parameters: If
–exportepmrolesoption is enabled, you must set the following parameters before you run the LCM export.
- For Linux:
export EPM_ORACLE_HOME=/scratch/Oracle/Middleware/EPMSystem11R1 export EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=/scratch/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem1
- For Windows:
set EPM_ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\EPMSystem11R1 set EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE=C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem1
- For Linux:
- Set up the 11g LCM Export Utility: Before running the utility, you must set and export the environment variables EPM_ORACLE_HOME and EPM_ORACLE_INSTANCE in the shell terminal. These variables must be the same as those used in the source EPM 11g environment. For details, see About Middleware Home, EPM Oracle Home, and EPM Oracle Instance. Also, in the uncompressed downloaded file, run
EssbaseLCM.sh(Linux), based on the platform on which you want to run the utility. Also see 11g Export Utility Options.
- Check the /tmp directory: You may need to change the location of the
tmpdirectory. If it is full, the 11g LCM Export Utility may fail.
- Run the export: When you export non-Unicode block storage applications, use
-converttoutf8option in the LCM export command. When you export non-Unicode aggregate storage applications, manually convert them using the steps in Convert Non-Unicode Aggregate Storage Cube Application to Unicode Mode.LCM export syntax: At the command prompt, enter the following command syntax to export one or more applications to a .zip file:
EssbaseLCM.bat|.sh export -server essbasehost:port -user username -password password -application appname -zipfile zipfilename [-nodata] [-include-server-level] [-converttoutf8] [-forceutf8] [-generateartifactlist] [-exportepmroles] [-allApp] [-exportdata] [-cube] [-filetype] [-partitions] [-filters]
Specify these options:
-exportepmroles: (optional) Exports Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) roles
-include-server-level: (optional) Includes server-level artifacts, such as server-level substitution variables or server-level roles
-generateartifactlist: (optional) Generates artifact list
EssbaseLCM.sh export -server localhost:1423 -user admin -password password -application Sample -zipfile Sample.zip -include-server-level -exportepmroles -generateartifactlist
This exports additional artifacts: user and group server-level roles, application-level roles, calculations, and filter associations.
- Run the import: To import one or more applications, use the Essbase Command Line Interface Utility (CLI) to upload the
.zipfile to target application.The syntax for the CLI
lcmimportcommand is as follows:
See: LcmImport: Restore Cube Files.
lcmImport [-verbose] -zipfilename filename [-overwrite] [-targetappName targetApplicationName] [-artifactlist artifactList]When partitions exist in the source between a source application or database, and a target application or database, only partitions from the target are exported to the file system. When partitions exist between cubes being migrated, you must import the data source before the data target. Otherwise, partition definitions may not be restored.Roles are set only if the users are available in Oracle Identity Cloud Service. You can override default role mapping by changing the mapping in
CSSMappings.xmlprovided with 11g LCM Export Utility.
- Federated partitions are not migrated, so when moving your application and cube to another server or version, you need to delete the federated partition and recreate it in the new environment. See Federated Cube Maintenance and Troubleshooting.
- Upgrade aggregate storage outline version: After import of aggregate storage applications, the outline must be upgraded using ESSCMDQ. See Upgrade Aggregate Storage Cube Outline Version.
- Validate: Log in to the Essbase web interface to see the application and cube on the Applications page.