You can control export by selectively exporting individual Essbase artifacts for cloud service migrations, using the CLI utility.
You can export individual artifacts, for example, exporting only rules, or outlines, or data, and so on. You can also use this process for periodic backup of individual artifacts.
Selective Migration, Backup, and Export
You can selectively export the following:
- Cube - Export just a single cube from an application.
- Essbase Files - Export particular files, such as Outline, Rule files, Drill Through reports, and others.
- Data - Export only data. This can be useful for periodic backup of data.
- Partitions - Export only partitions.
- Filters - Export only security filters of a cube.
Supported Essbase File Types
The following Essbase file types are currently supported for selective export.
CLI Utility Command Options
The following command options have been added or changed to support selective export.
||Exports a single cube. This option can be used by itself or combined with one of the following options.|
||Exports data only.|
||Export files of the specified type. File type keywords, such as OTL or RUL, are case-sensitive and must be entered in upper case.|
||Export partitions only.|
||Export security filters only.|
- Export data only, from a single cube, for example, Demo.Basic:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -a Demo –c Basic -z data.zip –d
- Export a single cube only:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -a Demo -z data.zip –c basic
- Export only text files, from all cubes under Demo:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -a Demo -z data.zip –ft txt
- Export only partitions, from all cubes under Demo:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -a Demo -z data.zip –ep
- Export only the data from all of the applications:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -aa -z all_data.zip –d
- Export only outlines, from all cubes in an instance:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -aa -z cubes.zip –ft OTL
- Export all partitions of an instance:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -aa -z all_partitions.zip –ep
- Export all security filters of a single cube:
./esscs.sh lcmexport -a Sample -z all_partitions.zip -c Basic –ef