Oracle recommends that you follow these best practice guidelines to ensure the manageability of your Exadata Cloud Infrastructure instance:
When followed best practice guidelines can prevent problems that could affect the manageability and performance of yourExadata Cloud Infrastructure instance:
- Wherever possible, use the Oracle-supplied cloud interfaces such as the Oracle
Cloud InfrastructureConsole, API, or CLI, or cloud-specific tools
dbaasclito perform lifecycle management and administrative operations on your Exadata Cloud Infrastructure instance. For example, use the OCI console, API, CLI, or dbaascli to apply Oracle Database patches instead of manually running
opatch. In addition, if an operation can be performed by using the Console as well as a command line utility, Oracle recommends that you use the Console. For example, use the Console instead of using
dbaasclito create databases.
- Do not change the compute node OS users or manually manipulate SSH key settings associated with your Exadata DB system.
- Apply only patches that are available through the Database service. Do not apply patches from any other source unless you are directed to do so by Oracle Support.
- Apply the quarterly patches regularly, every quarter if possible.
- Do not change the ports for Oracle Net Listener.