Generating Database Usage Tracking Report consists of the following two steps:
- Configuring Business Intelligence Publisher (BI Publisher) - setup the delivery destination of the output files (FTP server and folder)
- Running Usage Tracking Report - produce the CSV files after the data is collected
Configuring Business Intelligence Publisher (BI Publisher)
- From the Enterprise menu, select Reports and then BI Publisher Enterprise Reports.
- Click on BI Publisher Enterprise Reports Web Application to navigate to the Oracle BI Publisher URL. Log in to BI Publisher using the same credentials used to Log in to Enterprise Manager.
- Set up the delivery destination.
Click on the Administration tab on the top right corner of the page. Then select FTP under Delivery as shown below:
- Add an FTP Server:
Click Add Server.
Enter the following fields for the FTP server:
Server Name - Example : myFTPserver (any name of your choice)
Host - Example : myhost.mycompany.com
Port - Example : 22
Select "Use Secure FTP" check box to enable secure FTP (SFTP)
Enter a username and password to connect to the host
- Configure the data model with the FTP server configured above in step 4.
Click on Catalog Folders or alternatively the Catalog menu as shown in the following graphic.
Select Shared Folders, then select Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and then EM_Datamodels
Scroll to Database Usage Tracking Report and click Edit.
On the bottom of the left list, select Bursting, and then BurstToFTPserver.
In the SQL Query area, update the query as show below:
"myFTPserver" (configured in step 4) as the value for the PARAMETER1 column.
The output directory (absolute path of the directory on the disk) as the value for the PARAMETER4 column.
Running Usage Tracking Reports:
- From the Catalog menu, select Shared Folders, then select Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, then Usage Tracking Reports, then Database Usage Tracking Report, and finally Schedule.
- Make sure that, in the Schedule tab, the frequency is set to Once and Run Now is selected. Click Submit.
- In the popup window, enter a job name to uniquely identify the job later.
The status of the submitted job can be monitored in "Report Job History" page as shown below.
Errors (if any) in the metric collection are displayed at the bottom of each report that gets generated for an instance.
Use the refresh button highlighted in the screen shot (job_running.png) to refresh the status of the job
Wait until the status of the job changes from Running to Success.