1 Use Oracle Enterprise Manager for Autonomous Databases
You can use Oracle Enterprise Manager to discover, manage, and monitor your Autonomous Databases.
Oracle Enterprise Manager supports the following Autonomous Databases and the term "Autonomous Databases" in this guide collectively refers to them:
- Autonomous Data Warehouse – Dedicated
- Autonomous Transaction Processing – Dedicated
- Autonomous Data Warehouse – Shared
- Autonomous Transaction Processing – Shared
Oracle Enterprise Manager is deployed either on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure or on-premises, and using it you can:
- Discover Autonomous Databases.
- Monitor the health and performance of Autonomous Databases and perform deep diagnostics on the Performance Hub.
- Perform database administration tasks such as storage management, and schema management tasks such as creating database objects.
Separate licensing is not required to use Oracle Enterprise Manager for Autonomous Databases. All the supported Oracle Enterprise Manager features for Oracle Databases are bundled with the Autonomous Database.
For information on:
- Oracle Enterprise Manager features for Autonomous Databases, see Monitoring and Administration Tasks.
- Oracle Database Features in Dedicated Autonomous Database Deployments, see Oracle Database Features in Dedicated Autonomous Database Deployments in Oracle Autonomous Database on Dedicated Exadata Infrastructure.
- Oracle Database features in Shared Autonomous Database Deployments, see Autonomous Database for Experienced Oracle Database Users in Using Oracle Autonomous Database on Shared Exadata Infrastructure.