Enterprise Manager provides extensive monitoring and management capabilities for various Oracle and non-Oracle products. Used to manage your heterogeneous IT infrastructure, Enterprise Manager plays an integral role in monitoring and maintaining the health of your IT resources. It is therefore essential to ensure Enterprise Manager itself is operating at peak efficiency.
To help you maintain your Enterprise Manager installation, a variety of enhanced self-monitoring and diagnostic functionality is available from the Enterprise Manager console. These functions are designed to help you understand and monitor various components of Enterprise Manger, monitor/measure the quality of services Enterprise Manager provides, diagnose failures quickly, and manage Agents more easily.
This chapter covers the following topics:
Job System Diagnostics
Many factors can impact Job System performance such as user-suspended jobs or long-running jobs blocking resources. The Job System diagnostics dashboard provides insight into the operations and performance of the Job System, thus allowing you to diagnose and resolve any job-related issues quickly.
Sizing compliance standards rules are built into Enterprise Manager. By default, Enterprise Manager checks the Enterprise Manager repository target against these rules and will send alerts suggesting changes for optimal performance.
- Enterprise Manager Minimum Hardware and Storage Requirements
- Enterprise Manager Minimum Database Setting Requirements
- Enterprise Manager Tuning Setting Requirements
To view the Enterprise Manager Sizing Compliance Standard:
- From the Enterprise menu, select Compliance and then Results. The Compliance Results page displays with the Evaluation Results table shown.
- In the Compliance Standards column, click Enterprise Manager Sizing compliance standard. The Enterprise Manager Sizing compliance results page displays.