Oracle GraalVM Enterprise Edition 19
- JVM-based languages like Java, Scala, Kotlin
- Languages that compile to LLVM bitcode such as C, C++
- Ruby, R, and Python
GraalVM Enterprise 19.3.1 supports Linux, macOS and Windows platforms on x86 64-bit systems and is built on top of Oracle Java Standard Edition (SE) versions 1.8.0_241 and 11.0.6. GraalVM Enterprise distributions based on Oracle Java SE 11 become available as of version 19.3.0.
GraalVM Enterprise 19.3.1 is obtainable by accepting OTN License Agreement Oracle GraalVM Enterprise Edition Including License for Early Adopter Versions or through Oracle Cloud subscription. GraalVM Enterprise is free to use, including support, on Oracle Cloud.
The following distributions of GraalVM Enterprise are available for download:
Warning: The support for the Windows platform is experimental.
GraalVM Enterprise functionalities are distributed as fully supported, early adopter or experimental features.
Fully supported functionalities are covered by GraalVM Enterprise support terms.
If a feature is classified as an Early Adopter technology, it means it can be used in production and will be supported by Oracle as part of the Oracle GraalVM Enterprise subscription, but is not covered by Oracle’s standard warranty and customers might be required to upgrade.
If the feature is entitled as experimental, it might never be included in a production version, or might change significantly before being considered production-ready.
The experimental features in GraalVM Enterprise can be unlocked using the
--experimental-options option passed on
the command line to the language launchers, or with
--memtracer profiling command line tool of GraalVM
Enterprise, you should prepend
$ <GRAALVM_HOME>/bin/js --experimental-options --memtracer file.js
Note, that experimental plugins or features (enabled by
- are not supported for production;
- may have known issues;
- may be changed or removed without notice.
For inquiries related to license rights and obligations, review the Licensing Information User Manual or contact your Oracle sales representative.
GraalVM Enterprise Distribution Components List
GraalVM Enterprise consists of core and optional components, and is distributed as an archive. In that archive are the core components which enable using GraalVM Enterprise as a runtime platform for high-performance embeddable polyglot applications.
GraalVM Enterprise base installation contains the following components:
- Java HotSpot VM with the GraalVM compiler enabled as the top tier JIT compiler
Libraries (jar files)
- GraalVM LLVM Bitcode Interpreter
- GraalVM Compiler
- GraalVM Polyglot API
- LLVM bitcode interpreter command line utility
Optional Components GraalVM Enterprise base installation can be extended with the optional components:
- Native Image plugin that allows scripted applications to be compiled ahead-of-time into a native machine-code binary. Warning: Native Image plugin is available as an Early Adopter technology.
- LLVM toolchain – a set of tools and APIs for compiling native programs to bitcode that can be executed with the GraalVM LLVM runtime.
- Python language interpreter
- R language interpreter
- Ruby languages interpreter
Warning: GraalVM Enterprise support for Python, R and Ruby languages is experimental.