Call Traffic Analytics Display Operations
All Oracle® Communications Security Shield (OCSS) analytics canvases operate with the same behaviors and controls.
- When you click a particular part of the graphic in a visualization, the other visualizations on the canvas automatically adjust to filter on the same data point. For example, on the Stats by Carrier/Country canvas, suppose you click Medium Risk on the Call Classification by Reputation Score visualization. The data on all the other visualizations and tables changes to reflect data about only the Medium Risk calls.
- When you click an attribute at the top of the canvas, OCSS displays a dialog for customizing the attribute. The parameters you set apply to all visualizations on the canvas.
- When you want to clear a filter in a visualization, click outside the visualization.
- When you want to clear all filters, move your cursor into the white space above the canvas. OCSS displays a second hamburger menu. Click the menu and click either Clear All Selections or Remove All Filters.
- When you click a tab at the bottom of the canvas, OCSS displays the corresponding set of visualizations.
- When no country name is identified for any call in the Call Detail visualization, the Caller Location map is inactive. If at least one call in the Call Detail visualization identifies a country, the map is active.
- When you alter filters or set a filter in a graphic the re-rendering may take time. The time is proportional to the amount of the data needed for the canvas. When a re-rendering takes too long, you may want to click Stop in navigation bar (to the right) and click again to re-initiate the rendering.
- When different calls contain numbers for which the first 30 digits are identical, OCSS Analytics considers them as the same number and not as unique numbers.
WARNING:Regarding the following operations, Oracle strongly recommends that you never make changes to the default analytics Project. Always Duplicate the Default Analytics Project and move it out of the OCSS folder before making any changes.
- When you click the icon to the right of the last tab in the bottom row, OCSS displays a blank canvas for creating one of your own design. If you do not see the Add icon, you are not assigned to the required OCSSAnalyticsEditor group. See "User Groups and Privileges" in the OCSS Installation and Maintenance Guide.
- When you right-click the tabs at the bottom of the canvas, OCSS displays controls for working with the canvas, such as Rename, Delete Canvas, Copy Canvas, Duplicate, Clear Canvas, and Canvas Properties.
- When you add or change data attributes and calculations on an existing canvas, OCSS updates the visualizations and tables on the canvas. Oracle recommends that you use caution when adding or changing data attributes or calculations because the result may not be as intended due to the new combination of elements. You may need to fine-tune your selections to get the results you want, especially when you apply trellis columns and trellis rows to a visualization. In addition, the changes may result in longer load times for the canvas to display.
- When you try to add a format to a canvas that the data type does not support, the canvas displays "unavailable". For example, suppose you try to add Trellis Rows to a canvas for Call Classification by Reputation Score. The canvas displays "unavailable" in the gray column to the left of the canvas.