A data manager creates a custom report, with data visualizations, to view a comparison of how many open queries exist at each site, the number of open queries in each form, as well as a custom table that offers additional data.
Open Queries report
Let's go through the required steps to create a custom report with visualizations on how many open queries exist by each site, in a study in Oracle Clinical One Platform The purpose of this chart is to allow data reviewers to determine where to focus their efforts in closing open queries.
- Select a dataset to work with.
For the purpose of this use case, select the Queries dataset.
- From the Data Elements pane, expand the the following folders and
then drag and drop the following elements at the top of the canvas, to use them
as filters for your custom report.
Folder to expand Data element to use Additional instructions Study STUDY_ID_NAME In the filter dialog, select the study you want to use to filter out the data on queries from Oracle Clinical One Platform Audit IS_CURRENT In the filter dialog, select Y if you want to only include currently opened queries or N, if you want to include all opened queries to ever be raised at in a study. Query STATE In the filter dialog, select the Opened status. Site SITE_ID_NAME Drag the data element onto the empty canvas. Reference COUNT Drag the data element onto the Values (X-Axis) section in the Grammar Panel.
- On the Grammar Panel, click the first row, and select the Horizontal Bar visualization.
- On the right, select the Visualizations pane.
- Select the Horizontal Bar visualization and drag it onto the canvas, next to the other visualization you just created.
- Go back to the Data Elements pane and drag and drop the following
Folder to expand Data element to use Additional instructions Form FORM_NAME Drag and drop the data element onto the empty box. Reference COUNT Drag and drop the data element onto the Values (X-Axis) section in the Grammar Panel.
- On the right, select the Visualizations again.
- Select the Table visualization and drag it
onto the bottom of the canvas, under the two horizontal stack visualizations you
Folder to expand Data element to use Additional instructions Site SITE_ID_NAME Drag and drop the data element onto the empty tabel. Subject
Drag and drop the data element onto the Rows section, in the Grammar Panel. Form FORM_NAME Drag and drop the data element onto the Rows section, in the Grammar Panel. Query
Drag and drop the data elements onto the Rows section, in the Grammar Panel. Item
Drag and drop the data elements onto the Rows section, in the Grammar Panel.
- In the top-right corner, click Save.
- At the bottom of the right pane, select the General category, and customize the title as Open Queries by Site.
- Select the Labels Axis category, click Title, select Custom, and enter user-friendly names for the axes included in your visualizations.
- In the upper right corner, click the Share icon and then click File.
- On the File dialog, fill-in the following fields, and click
Field Description Name Enter a name for your custom report. For the purpose of this exercise, enter Open Queries report. Format Choose the appropriate format for exporting this custom report. For the purpose of this exercise, because this custom report contains graphics, you can select either Powerpoint (PPTX), Acrobat (PDF), or Image (PNG). Include Choose either Active Canvas or All Canvas. Size Choose the appropriate format size for your report. Orientation Choose either Landscape or Portrait.
- Add data to the visualization using Grammar Panel
- Create calculated data elements in a dataset
- Sort data in visualizations
- Undo and redo edits
- Refresh data in a project
- Adjust the Visualize Canvas Layout and properties
- Change visualization types
- Adjust visualization properties
- Apply color to visualizations
- Create and apply filters