You can adjust the display format of a date or a time column by specifying the format and the level of granularity.
November 1, 2017to
2017-11-01, or change the level of granularity from year to month.
- Open the project or the data set that includes the date and time column that you want to update. If you’re working in a project, then confirm that you’re working in the project's Prepare canvas.
- Click the date column or time column you want to edit.
- Adjust the format by doing one of the following:
Click Options, then Extract to display a portion of the date or time (for example, the year or quarter only).
In the properties pane, click the Date/Time Format tab, and use the options to adjust your dates or times (for example, click Format) to select from short, medium, or long date formats, or specify your own format by selecting Custom and editing the calendar string displayed.
- If you’re working in the Results area of the Data
Panel, adjust the format by doing one of the
- If you want to display just a portion of a calendar column (for example, the year or quarter only), then select and expand a calendar column and select the part of the date that you want to display in your visualization. For example, to only visualize the year in which orders were taken, you might click Order Date and select Year.
- In the properties pane, click the Date/Time Format tab, and use the options to adjust your dates or times.
- If you’re working in table view, select the column header and click Options, then in the properties pane click Date/Time Format to display or update the format for that column.