You can copy and paste a visualization or canvas within the same project, to another open project, or to another project open in a different browser tab.
When you copy a visualization or canvas from one project to another, Oracle Analytics does the following:
- Data - The data set for the pasted visualization or canvas is added to the target project. When you open or create the target project that you're pasting to, it doesn't need to include the data set used by the visualization or canvas that you'll copy and paste.
- Filters - The filters in the target project and in the pasted visualization or canvas are maintained. You don't need to add the visualization or canvas filters to the target project. If there's a conflict between the target project and the pasted visualization or canvas filters, then the pasted filters won't overwrite the target's filters.
- Color assignments - The color scheme of the target project is applied to the pasted visualization or canvas.
- Calculations - If the same calculation name exists in the target project, then the pasted calculation is added and renamed.
Use the following steps to copy and paste a visualization or canvas:
- In the Home page, search for and open a project to copy a visualization or canvas from.
Copy a visualization or canvas.
- To copy a visualization, click its Menu, mouse over Edit, and then click Copy Visualization.
- To copy a canvas, right-click it and click Copy Canvas.
- Navigate to a visualization or canvas and paste the object.
- To paste a visualization into a canvas that contains visualizations, click an existing visualization's Menu, mouse over Edit, and then click Paste Visualization.
- To paste a visualization into a blank canvas, right-click the canvas bar and select Add Canvas. Right-click the new canvas, mouse over Edit, and then click Paste Visualization.
- To paste a canvas, right-click the canvas bar and then click Paste Canvas.