You can create a connection to Oracle Essbase 11g and use the connection to access source data.
- Click Create, and then click Connection.
- Click Oracle Essbase.
- For Connection Name, enter a name that identifies this connection.
- For DSN (data source name), enter the agent URL for your data source.
If you want to connect to an Oracle Essbase 11g database, enter the hostname and agent port number on which Oracle Essbase is running. Use the format:
The default port is 1423.
Your Essbase administrator must open agent port 1423 and server ports in the range 30000-34000 to allow the connection.
- For Username and Password, enter user credentials with access to the Essbase data source.
- Select the Authentication option:
- Always use these credentials: The username and password you provide for the connection are always used. Users aren’t prompted to sign in to access the data available through this connection.
- Require users to enter their own credentials: Users are prompted to enter their own username and password if they want access to this data source. Users see only the data that they have the permissions, privileges, and role assignments to see.
- Click Save to create the connection.You can now create data sets from the connection.