After you create database connections, you can use those connections to create data sets.
- On the Home page, click Create and click Data Set do display the Create Data Set dialog.
- If you haven't already selected a connection, click Create Connection and specify connection details for your data source.
- In the Data Set editor, browse or search for and double-click a schema, and then choose the table that you want to use in the data set. When you double-click to select a table, a list of its columns is displayed.
- In the column list, browse or search for the columns you want to include in the data set. You
can use Shift-click or Ctrl-click to select multiple columns. Alternatively, you can select the Enter SQL option to view or modify the data source’s SQL statement or to write a SQL statement.
- Optionally use the Data Access option to specify how to
refresh the data set.
Note:If you use the Live option (default), you'll see the data returned from the data source when you click Refresh Data on the Visualization canvas. If you use the Automatic Caching option, you'll see cached data. The Automatic Caching option is more suitable for small data sets.
- Click Add. The View Data Source page is displayed.
- In the View Data Source page you can optionally view the column properties and specify their formatting. The column type determines the available formatting options.