You can edit the data transformation changes added to the Preparation Script.
Both before and after you’ve executed Apply Script, you can edit the data transformation steps. The edit option isn't available for all types of transform steps. If you’re editing the steps after executing Apply Script, you must re-apply the script to the entire data set. If you don't save the updates to a step and navigate to another step, a warning message is displayed indicating that you haven’t saved the changes.
The updates to the columns are applied only to the data set and not to the visualization. To ensure that you see the most up-to-date data, on the Visualize canvas, click Refresh Data.
- Open a project or data set. If you're working with a project, go to the Prepare canvas and click the data set you want to edit.
- Select a step in the Preparation Script pane and click Edit Transform.
- Select a transform step in the Preparation Script pane and click the pencil icon or Edit Transform.If a step isn’t editable, a message is displayed when you hover over the pencil icon that editing for the transform step has been disabled.
- In the step editor, update the fields to edit the data transform changes that are applied to the columns.
- Click OK to update the column and close the step editor.
- Click Apply Script in the Preparation Script pane to apply the data transform changes to the entire data set.