You can export a project or folder as an archive file (.DVA) that another user can import.
- On the Home page, click Navigator, and then click Catalog.
- In the Catalog page, highlight the project or folder that you want to share and click Actions menu, then select Export to open the Export dialog.
- Click File.
- For Name, keep the default name or enter a new name for the export file (.DVA file).
- Enable the Include Data option to include the data when sharing a project or folder.
- Enable the Include Connection Credentials option so that
users can open the project without having to sign in. Use the following
guidelines to set this field:
Excel, CSV, or TXT data source - These data sources don’t use a data connection, therefore you can clear the Include Connection Credentials option.
Database data source - If you enable the Include Connection Credentials option, the user must provide a valid user name and password to load data into the imported project.
Oracle Applications or Oracle Essbase data source - Selecting the Include Connection Credentials option works if on the connection setup’s Create Connection dialog you specified the Always use these credentials option in the Authentication field.
If you clear the Include Connection Credentials option or specify the Require users to enter their own credentials option in the Authentication field, then the user must provide a valid user name and password to load data into the imported project.
- If you enable Include Data or Include Connection Credentials, enter and confirm a password that the user must provide to import the project or folder and decrypt its connection credentials and data.
- Click Save.