You can categorize non-numeric data into groups that you define. For
example, you might put orders for lines of business
Digital into a group named
Stream into a group named
- Click Add a step (+), and select Group.
- For each group that you want to create, use the Group
- Use the pop list of columns to select the column you'd like categorize. For example, to categorize orders by line of business, you might select LINE_OF_BUSINESS.
- (Optional) Click the group name to change the
Group 1. For example, you might change
- (Optional ) In the Name
field, change the default name of the new column
new_name1to a more meaningful name.
- In the center box, select one of more
categories to add to the group. For example, to
analyze line of business you might put
Digitalin a group named Technology.In the Preview Data pane, you'll see a new column with the groups that you defined displayed as the value for each row. For example, values might be Technology or Entertainment.
- To add more groups, click Group (+).