You can update and delete the data that you added from various data sources.
You can use the Data Sets page to examine data set properties, change column properties such as the aggregation type, and delete data sets that you no longer need to free up space. Data storage quota and space usage information is displayed, so that you can quickly see how much space is free.
- Go to the Data page, then Data Sets section.
- Click the Actions menu of a data set or right-click the data set that you want to manage, and click Edit,
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to review data set columns and change the data set properties. For example, you can change the Product Number column’s aggregation type to Minimum.
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to change whether to treat data set columns as measures or attributes. You can't change how a column is treated if it’s already matched to a measure or attribute in the data model.
- Optionally, use the Inspect option to change the Query Mode for a database table. The default is Live because database tables are typically large and shouldn’t be copied to cache. If your table is small, then select Auto and the data is copied into the cache if possible. If you select Auto, then you have to refresh the data when it’s stale.
- Optionally, download a data set created from a Microsoft Excel file by right-clicking the data set and selecting Download File. Note that the columns in the download match the columns in the file that you originally uploaded. Any derived columns that you added in the Visualize editor’s Prepare canvas aren’t included in the data set download.
- Optionally, update data for a data set created from a Microsoft Excel file or Oracle Applications by right-clicking the data set and selecting Reload Data.