You can run a saved data flow to create a new data set or to refresh existing data.
- In the Data page, go to the Data Flows section, and locate the data flow that you want to run.
- Right-click the data flow and select Run now (or click
New schedule to run later).
- Complex data flows take longer to run. While the data flow is running, you can go to and use other parts of the application, and then come back to the Data Flows pane to check the status of the data flow.
- You can cancel a long-running data flow. To do so, go to the Data Flows section, click the data flow’s Action menu and select Cancel.
- If it’s the first time you’re running a data flow, then a new data set is created, and you can find it in the Data Sets section of the Data page. The data set contains the name that you specify on the data flow’s Save Data step. If you’ve run the data flow before, then the resulting data source already exists, and its data is refreshed.
- When creating a new database data source, set the database’s query mode to Live. Setting the query mode to Live allows the data flow to access data from the database (versus the data cache) and pushes any expensive operations such as joins to the database.