Before you deploy your visualization workbooks, you typically enrich and transform your data. For example, you might rename data columns, fix cell phone data, or add calculations.
- On the Home page,
open a dataset or
- Select the dataset, click the Actions menu, and then select Open. In the Data Diagram or Join Diagram, right-click a data source and click Open to display the transform editor.
- Select the workbook that contains the dataset, click the Actions menu, select Open, then click Data. In the Data Diagram or Join Diagram, right-click a data source and click Open to display the transform editor.
Note:Oracle Analytics displays a Data Diagram for single-table datasets or a Join Diagram for multi-table datasets.
- Select columns and use the enrich and transform tools to enhance your
When you edit data, a step is automatically added to the Preparation Script pane. A blue dot indicates that a step hasn't been applied.
- Use the Recommendations panel to apply suggested enrichments and transformations.
- Use the Options menu at the top of each column to apply common transformations such as Rename, Uppercase, and Trim.
- From the Options menu at the top of a column, click Edit to enhance columns with functions and expressions from the Oracle Analytics functions library. For example, aggregates, strings, expressions, and math functions.
- Click Add Preparation Step in the Data Panel to add a column based on a custom transformation. You can build your column using a wide range of functions and expressions from the Oracle Analytics functions library. For example, aggregates, strings, expressions, and math functions.
- Use the properties pane at the bottom of the Data Panel to review and change a column's type and aggregation. For example, you might select Treat As and change from attribute to measure, or change the default Aggregation type from Sum to Average.
- Use the Quality Insights tile above each column to explore and enrich your data.
- To save your data preparation changes and apply them to your data, click
Save Dataset.If you're working with a single table dataset or a file-based dataset, click Apply Script.
- If you're working in a workbook, click Save and click Visualize to review the enriched columns.
Note: It's best to configure your transform editor by displaying the Data Panel, Recommendations Panel, and Quality Insights. Use these toggle options displayed bottom right Toggle Data Panel , Toggle Column Action Panel , and Toggle Quality Insights.