The Credential Store for your WebCenter Sites system is created by your installation engineers. All system passwords created for WebCenter Sites and Satellite Server are encrypted and stored here.
The following topics provide information about the Credential Store and instructions for managing the WebCenter Sites and Satellite Server properties stored in the Credential Store:
About the Credential Store
Oracle WebCenter Sites encrypts and stores all WebCenter Sites and Satellite Server system password properties in the Credential Store. System properties are created during installation.
The Credential Store is an OPSS schema that your WebCenter Sites installation engineers create using the Repository Creation Utility (RCU) provided by WebLogic Server. When your installation engineers create a JRF domain, it provides the required security artifacts the domain uses to connect to the OPSS schema (the Credential Store). Each WebLogic JRF domain has a Credential Store attached to it. Any password property that you create for WebCenter Sites or Satellite Server is encrypted and then stored in the Credential Store on your system’s domain. For more information about Credential Stores, see Configuring Credential Store Properties.
During the WebCenter Sites and Satellite Server installations, initial system passwords are encrypted and stored in the Credential Store.
Managing the WebCenter Sites Properties in the Credential Store
Use the Property Management Tool in the Admin interface to modify the values of the WebCenter Sites properties stored in the Credential Store. Any changes you make to a WebCenter Sites Credential Store property from the Property Management Tool is automatically stored back in the Credential Store when you save your changes.
- Log in to WebCenter Sites with administrator credentials, select the name of a site, and then select the Admin interface icon.
- In the General Admin tree, expand Admin, and then expand System Tools.
- Under the System Tools node, double-click Property Management.The Property Management Tool opens.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the WebCenter Sites property stored in the Credential Store whose value you want to modify/view. For a list of WebCenter Sites properties stored in the Credenital Store, see WebCenter Sites Properties in the Credential Store.
- Click Search.
- Click the name of the property whose value you want to modify.The property details open.
- In the Value field, enter a new value for the property.
- Click Save.
- Restart the managed server so the new value is updated in the Credential Store.
Managing Satellite Server Properties in the Credential Store
Use the Satellite Server
wcs_properties.json file to manually modify Satellite Server properties stored in the Credential Store.
- Navigate to the Satellite Server
configdirectory (specified during installation), and open the
wcs_properties.jsonfile for Satellite Server in a text editor.
- Find the
modify.passwordsproperty and change its value to
- Manually add the Satellite Server Credential Store properties, whose values you want to modify, to the
wcs_properties.jsonfile of Satellite Server, in the following format:
"key":"<name of Satellite Server property>", "value":"<enter value here>", "valid_values":[""], "defaultValue":"<enter value here>", "category":"", "subcategory":"", "global":"true", "hide":true, "readonly":false, "restart_required":false, "deprecated":false,
valueparameter, enter the new value for the property. For information about the Satellite Server properties in the Credential Store, see Satellite Server Properties in the Credential Store.
- Save the Satellite Server
- Restart the managed server for your changes to take effect.