12 Working with A/B Testing
The A/B Testing feature lets you to experiment with design and content variations on your website pages.This helps you determine which variations produce the optimal results before you make permanent changes to your website.
Use the feature's in-context, visual method to create A/B tests on any of the pages delivered by Oracle WebCenter Sites.
For example, you might use A/B Testing to explore:
Which banner image resulted in more leads generated from the home page?
Which featured article resulted in visitors landing on a promoted section of the website?
Do visitors spend more time on the home page with a red banner displayed versus a blue banner?
Does adding a testimonial increase the click-through rate?
Which page layout resulted in more visitors downloading the featured white paper?
Currently, we are making changes to the A/B testing feature. Earlier, A/B test functionality was provided through an integration with Google Analytics and to use the A/B test functionality, you had to register with Google for a Google Analytics account. This integration with Google Analytics was using Management APIs for experiment creation. You won’t be able to create experiments as these Management APIs are not available. For more information, see Content Experiments by Google Analytics.
- Create an A/B campaign.
- Create multiple variants under that campaign.
- Edit text, styling, and images as per the requirement to create different variants.
- Option to re-direct to a different url if required.
- Create Targeting and Content Rules with multiple options.
- Define Actions to track user actions.
- Publish a campaign.
- Check status reports and promote appropriate variants for all the traffic.
For more information, see Oracle Maxymiser.