Before You Begin
Before you connect your cube to the source data, learn about the advantages of using Oracle Essbase in the cloud and understand how to migrate an on-premises Oracle Essbase cube to the cloud.
Ensure that you have the rules file in Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase. You'll use your existing rules file to reconnect your migrated cube to its source data.
This architecture shows how you can connect your Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase cube to source data such as flat files, Oracle Database Cloud Service, and/or an on-premises Oracle Database.
- If you're reconnecting your Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase cube from an on-premises database, then you'll use the CLI Tool to securely stream your data or member metadata from your on-premises database to the cube.
- If you're loading data or member metadata from flat files, then you'll use the CLI tool to upload your files to the cloud.
- If you're reconnecting Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase cube from database in the cloud, then you'll use Datasources to directly connect your data to the cube.
- A - Flat file containing data is uploaded to Essbase by using the CLI Tool.
- B - On-premises relational database is connected to Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase to stream data.
- C - Oracle Database Cloud Service instance is directly connected to Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase to load data.
About Required Services and Roles
You'll need access to the services and products:
- Oracle Essbase
- Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service
- Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase
- Oracle Database Cloud Service - If you are making a connection with a database in the cloud.
- Oracle Database - If you are making a connection with an on-premises database.
These are the roles needed for each service:
|Service Name: Role||Required to...|
|Oracle Essbase: Application Manager Role||Create and modify applications|
|Oracle Database: Database User||Query the tables to connect to Oracle Analytics Cloud – Essbase|
|Analytics: Service Administrator||Modify applications|
Oracle Identity Cloud Service is available with your Oracle Analytics Cloud account.
See Learn how to get Oracle Cloud services for Oracle Solutions to get the cloud services you need.