This image shows the recommended architecture for Commvault deployment in an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure environment.
The image shows a customer datacenter, protected by a VPN, accessing an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region through a dynamic routing gateway. Within the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure region is a Virtual Cloud Network with the address 10.0.0.0/16. There is also a single availability domain, which contains:
- A public subnet, address 10.0.225.0/22, containing a virtual machine. This subnet is the bastion server.
- A private subet, address 10.0.0.6, that contains the Commvault virtual machine. Icons overlaying this VM represent Commvault components CommServe, Client, and MediaAgent.
- A private subnet, address 10.0.254.0/24, that contains storage service.
- An SDDC subnet, address 10.0.0.0/22. This subnet contains:
- The VLANs and SDDC workload, address 172.16.1.0/24.
- vSphere, NSX, and VSAN services.
- The Oracle Cloud VMware Solution subnet, address 10.0.0.0/25, which is comprised of multiple Bare Metal Compute instances.
Outside the availability domain but within the Virtual Cloud Network are services for:
- Identity and Access Management
- Object Storage