Before You Begin
Use Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Asset Monitoring Cloud Service to connect directly to Oracle Maintenance Cloud.
You import assets that are managed by Oracle Maintenance Cloud into Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service. You associate one or more sensors with each asset, and set conditions that will generate an incident. The incidents that are generated on Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service automatically create work orders in Oracle Maintenance Cloud. Updates to work orders in Oracle Maintenance Cloud automatically update incidents in Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service.
Description of the illustration iot-am-maintenance-arch.png
The architecture diagram illustrates this flow:
- Assets are imported from Oracle Maintenance Cloud into Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service and sensors are associated with these assets.
- When a preset condition occurs on the sensor (for example, high temperature), an incident is generated. This incident automatically generates a work order in Oracle Maintenance Cloud.
- Changes to the work order in Oracle Maintenance Cloud (for example, a status update), are automatically reflected in the incident in Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service.
About Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service
Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Asset Monitoring Cloud Service lets you monitor the location, condition, and utilization of your assets.
Asset management traditionally employs manual techniques. Untraceable assets, asset downtimes, and asset write-offs are common problems that are associated with traditional asset management systems. A typical manufacturing company, for example, can spend 25% of the total operating costs on asset maintenance.
Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service helps improve business productivity and reduce the operational costs and inefficiencies that are associated with asset management. With Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service, asset locations and asset health conditions are known at all times. Features such as anomaly detection and predictive analytics can help you detect and address problem areas. You can proactively take action, and schedule maintenance and replacements.
Use Oracle IoT Asset Monitoring Cloud Service to:
Locate assets instantly
Ensure asset availability and utilization
Prevent asset theft and misplacement
Reduce business process interruptions and downtime
Reduce capital expenditures
About Oracle Maintenance Cloud
Using Oracle Maintenance Cloud, you can create and manage the asset definition, set up the organization to support the maintenance activities, define consistent and reusable maintenance processes, define and manage the maintenance activity, perform execution transactions, and print various reports.
The key capabilities of Oracle Maintenance Cloud are:
- Create and Manage Assets: In Oracle Maintenance Cloud you can define assets that are maintained across the organization by using maintenance processes that are consistent and repeatable.
- Set Up the Organization for Performing Maintenance Activity: You can set up an organization in Oracle Maintenance Cloud specifically as the maintenance organization. To define various functionality, you can set up the plant parameters for the organization. You can set up multiple work centers for performing the maintenance work. You can set up the required resources for the maintenance work and assign the resources to the applicable work centers.
- Define Consistent and Reusable Maintenance Processes: In Oracle Maintenance Cloud, an operation defines the sequence of steps to perform, to maintain an asset. You can keep a library of operation templates called maintenance standard operations. You can create and manage the maintenance standard operations. You can then reuse the maintenance standard operations in multiple maintenance work definitions and maintenance work orders.
- Define and Manage Maintenance Activity: A maintenance work order initiates the maintenance process. In a maintenance work order, you specify the asset information, operations, material, and resource requirements. You can manually create and manage the maintenance work orders. Various actions are supported to update the priorities and statuses of multiple work orders at the same time. You can close multiple maintenance work orders at the same time. You can review the incurred cost for a closed maintenance work order.
- Perform Execution Transactions: In Oracle Maintenance Cloud,you can perform maintenance executions to report the maintenance work. You can report the completion of operations, the consumption of materials and resources, and the return of materials and resources. Oracle Maintenance Cloud provides you with a maintenance dispatch list with the work order operations that need attention. You can review the maintenance dispatch list and initiate an operation transaction, material transaction, or resource transaction as needed. The transaction history is preserved and can be reviewed at any point of time. You can also run a scheduled process for transferring the maintenance execution transactions to costing for accurate costing of the maintenance work orders.
- Use Import Feature: You can use Oracle Maintenance Cloud to import assets and maintenance work orders by using a spreadsheet. Using the import feature, you can easily create and update multiple assets in bulk. Separate spreadsheets are available for assets and maintenance work orders.
About Required Services and Roles
This solution requires the following services:
Oracle Internet of Things (IoT) Asset Monitoring Cloud Service
Oracle Maintenance Cloud
These are the roles needed for each service.
|Service Name: Role||Required to...|
|IoT Asset Monitoring: IoTAMAdministrator||The application administrator sets up and maintains the application. The application administrator optimizes the availability of assets to meet the service levels required by the organization.|
|IoT Asset Monitoring: IoTAMOperationsManager||The operations manager manages and ensures the day-to-day availability of assets.|
|IoT Asset Monitoring: IoTAMTechnician||The technician performs asset registration and retirement tasks.|
|IoT Asset Monitoring: IoTAMUser||The asset user locates a required asset based on various search criteria, such as proximity, type, and utilization. The asset user puts an asset to productive use after looking at parameters, such as asset attribute details and operational health status.|
|Maintenance Cloud: Maintenance Manager||The maintenance manager monitors the completion of maintenance work orders.|
|Maintenance Cloud: Maintenance Technician||The maintenance technician performs the repair and maintenance of the assets.|
See Learn how to get Oracle Cloud services for Oracle Solutions to get the cloud services you need.