Use this procedure to be automatically notified when a specific dataset exceeds or falls below a set threshold level.
If the automatic suspend policy is enabled, the dataset and the corresponding statistics will be automatically suspended when the maximum idle time you set for the threshold is exceeded. To improve the system performance, you can enable this policy and set a shorter time period for the configurable threshold. Note that the automatic suspend policy does not apply to dashboard datasets and datasets used to collect trendable statistics.
- From the Configuration menu, select Alerts.
- Click Threshold alerts, and then click its add icon .
- For Threshold, select a dataset, when the alert should be generated, and type the percentage value.
- For Timing, type a value and select an interval.
- If you want to be notified of events only within a certain time period, or only on certain days, select the appropriate check boxes and values.
- If you want to be notified of the same event continuously while the condition exists, select the appropriate repost check boxes, enter values, and select intervals.
- For Alert actions, select an action and complete any accompanying fields.
- Click TEST to test the alert action.
- Click APPLY.
For more information about setting threshold alerts, see Adding Threshold Alerts in Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Administration Guide, Release OS8.8.x.