Use the following procedure to determine if you need more read cache devices for Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance.
Before You Begin
From the Maintenance menu, select Hardware to identify which chassis and slots contain read cache devices.
- Create a worksheet as described in Creating a Worksheet (BUI).
- Click the add icon next to Add statistic.
- Go to DISK: I/O operations: Broken down by disk.
- Select a read cache device.
- Click the drilldown icon and select Percent utilization.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all existing read cache devices.
- Wait at least 10 minutes.
Examine the graph(s).
You might want to add more read cache devices when existing devices are 90% utilized.