Make the Central Coding role available to Oracle
Follow these steps to allow Oracle Support and Services staff access to your Central Coding instance. Members of the Services team typically require access to configure the initial system and new studies. Services and Support team members can both access Central Coding for troubleshooting.
Task 1. Enable self-service registration
Self-service registration allows Oracle employees to request access to your Central Coding instance. For instructions, see Set up self-service registration in the OHSIAMS Administrator Guide.
Task 2. Activate approval for the Central Coding role (optional)
Approval lets you control who gains access to Central Coding. If approval is active, users won't get access unless someone at your organization approves the request. Without approval, access is granted automatically.
- Submit a Service Request to add the approver role in OHSIAMS Oracle Identity Self Service for your organization.
- After the approver role is available, assign it to at least two users.
- Activate approval for the Central Coding role. For instructions, see Activate approval for a role in the OHSIAMS Administrator Guide.
Task 3. Make the Central Coding role available to Oracle
Publish the Central Coding role to the oracle organization. For instructions, see Allow another organization to view and assign one of your organization's roles in the OHSIAMS Administrator Guide.
How Oracle users gain access to Central Coding
After you make the role available to Oracle, an Oracle user gains access to Central Coding through the following process:
- The user navigates to the URL of the Central Coding instance and tries to log in.
- The self-service registration page appears where the user submits a request for access.
An entry is added on the Pending Approvals page in OHSIAMS Oracle Identity Self Service.
- If approval is active, a CDA approves the access request. Without approval, access is granted automatically.
- The user contacts a CUA to obtain the appropriate role and work team assignments in the application.