Connecting a client to the Network Server with the SimpleNetworkClientSample
The SimpleNetworkClientSample program is a client
program that interacts with the Derby
Network Server from another JVM.
The program performs the following tasks:
- Loads the network client driver. (Note that this step is not
necessary if you are running the client on JDK 1.6 or higher. In that
environment, the network client driver loads automatically.)
- Obtains a client connection by using the DriverManager.
- Obtains a client connection by using a DataSource.
- Tests the database connections by running a sample query.
- Closes the connections and then exits the program.
To run the sample program, use the following files in
- The source file: SimpleNetworkClientSample.java.
- The compiled class file: SimpleNetworkClientSample.class.
You must have installed the Demos and Samples for the JDK. See
"Installing Java DB" in Getting Started with Java DB for