Using the Configurator from Oracle Order Entry
If you have the Oracle Product Configurator installed, you can perform the following Configurator functions from Order Entry.
- Validate configuration orders from the Configurator window accessed from the Sales Orders window
- Book new orders from the Sales Orders window or the Order Import program. The Configurator performs the validation of the new orders.
- Make changes to existing booked configuration orders from either the Sales Orders or Cancel Orders windows. The Configurator validates the new configuration and places invalid configurations on hold to prevent further processing.
- Correct invalid orders and remove configuration holds.
- Manually remove holds to allow processing to resume without correcting the invalid configuration. If errors are not corrected, re-validating the configuration places the order on hold again.
Both the option selection and validation functions are available from the Special menu of Oracle Order Entry.
- Check for existing matching configurations and optionally reserve against it at the time of order entry. See: Using Match and Reserve
Configuring a Product