Configuring a Product
The Configurator window displays indented model structures that you can expand or collapse.
When configuring products, you can use Order Entry functions for option lines in configurations:
- maintain and apply pricing discounts
- create and maintain schedule details
- create and maintain shipping information
- create and maintain service information
To configure products:
- from the Sales Order window in Oracle Order Entry, enter a model to configure on a sales order line and choose the Configure button.
Note: If defining a folder, you must select never query.
- from the Bills of Material window in Oracle Bills of Material, choose Configure Bill from the Special menu.
2. Choose the Configurator button to open the Configurator window.
The indented bill structure appears, showing mandatory option classes in green and exclusive options in italics.
- by selecting the item's check box.
- by choosing the GoTo Item button and selecting the item from the list of values.
- by entering a new quantity for the option. The default quantity equals the component quantity multiplied by the quantity of the parent item.
Note: When a child item is selected, it's parent item is also automatically selected.
- disabling the item's check box.
- disabling the last child item automatically disables the parent.
- by setting the quantity to 0 or blank.
Note: If you disabled the check box, the quantity is set to null in Bills of Material, and null or 0 in Order Entry (based on security rules). If you change the quantity to null in Bills of Material and null or 0 in Order Entry (as permitted by security rules), the check box is disabled.
4. Optionally modify the quantity.
The following restrictions apply:
- quantity must be a multiple of the parent quantity (1 if the parent item is the model line)
- quantity cannot be less than that of the parent
- quantities modified in a parent item automatically modify proportionally quantity on selected child items
- quantities of option class items with a basis set to Option Class cannot be modified
- only one item in an option class that is mutually exclusive can be selected
6. Choose the Save button to save the configuration.
To cancel the current configuration, choose the Cancel button. The Configurator window reverts to the last saved configuration.
Using the Configurator from Order Entry