Creating Rating Scales
Use the Rating Scales window to create general rating scales.
To create rating scales:
1. Enter a name and description for the rating scale, for example, Expertise.
2. Select the type of rating scale to create, for example, performance, proficiency or weighting.
3. Click the Default Rating Scale box if you want to make this rating scale the default, otherwise leave this box blank.
4. Enter the first level and description for the rating scale. For example, enter 1 in the Level field and Novice in the Name field.
5. Enter the behavioral indicator for that level. For example, Meets expectations.
You can enter up to 2000 characters for each behavioral indicator.
6. You can add attachments to the rating scales, if required, for example, you can attach a competence description or a video of the skill.
7. Continue to enter levels and description for the rating scale then save your changes.