Entering New People
Use the People window to enter and maintain basic personal information for all person types, including employees.
The minimum information to enter for all categories of people is name and type. In addition, for employees you must enter gender, employee number and date of birth (for assignment to a payroll). All other personal information is optional.
To enter a new person:
1. If the Find Person window opens, choose New.
2. Set your effective date to the appropriate date for adding the person to the system. If you are entering an employee, this should be his or her hire date.
3. Enter the person's name and other details in the Name region.
Only the last name is required.
4. Select a type. If you select Employee, the Hire Date field displays your effective date. You can change the hire date, and this changes the employee's effective start date.
5. Enter the person's identification information in the Identification region.
6. Enter details for the person as required in the Personal Information region:
- To assign an employee to a payroll, you must enter his or her date of birth.
- In the Date Last Verified field, you can enter the date the person last checked this personal information for accuracy.
7. For employees and applicants, choose the Employment Information alternative region. Your Oracle localization team may have created extra fields in the protected descriptive flexfield in this region.
Optionally, you can enter additional information for people in the alternative regions described in the following steps.
Note: The Background Information, Medical Information and Rehire Information alternative regions appear only if your system administrator has enabled them for you.
1. Choose the Office Location Information alternative region.
1. Choose the Applicant Information alternative region.
3. If the applicant's resume is on file, select the date indicating when the resume was last updated.
4. Select the date up to which a file is to be maintained for this applicant.
1. Choose the Background Information alternative region.
2. Check whether the employee's background check has been performed.
3. Select the date on which the background check was performed.
1. Choose the Rehire Information alternative region.
3. Select the reason for this recommendation.
1. Choose the Further Name Information alternative region.
4. If the employee previously was known by a different last name, enter the previous last name.
1. Choose the Medical Information alternative region.
You cannot change this value once you enter it.
3. Select the date of this employee's last medical test.
1. Choose the Other Information alternative region.
This language can differ from the person's native language, depending on the nature of the correspondence.
6. Check the Military Service check box if the person is employed in a military service in some capacity.
The value of this field can impact benefits calculations.
7. Check the Second Passport Exists check box if the person possesses multiple passports.