Siebel Advisor Administration Guide > Working with Advisor Projects >
Exporting and Importing an Advisor Project
Use Export Project and Import Project to move project data from one database server to another. When you use Export Project, an .xml file is created. This .xml file contains all the data and graphics for the project.
Before exporting and importing a project, make sure that Siebel product or business component data accessed from the application is available in both databases. For example, if you added additional business components to the project you are importing, you need to define the LOVs that display those business components before importing the project. References to data are maintained when exporting and importing, but you must make sure the data referred to exists before importing.
To export an Advisor project
- While on the server you are moving the project from, navigate to Administration - Project > Advisor Projects.
- In the Advisor Projects list, select a project to export.
- From the Project list menu, choose Export Project.
The Export Project dialog appears.
- Click Export Project.
The File DownLoad dialog box appears. Depending on the size of the project, it could take several minutes before this dialog appears.
- Select Save File to Disk and click OK.
- Navigate to the directory in which you want to save the project XML file.
You can save this file on your hard drive or on the network.
- Click OK.
An .xml file is created and saved to the specified directory.
NOTE: If you are importing a project that you have previously imported to the same location, rename the project before importing. You cannot overwrite a project when you import.
To import an Advisor project
- While on the server you are moving the project to, navigate to Administration - Product > Advisor Projects
- From the Projects list menu, select Import Project.
The Import Project dialog appears.
- Click Browse.
- In the Choose File dialog, navigate to the project XML file and click Open.
- Click Import Project.
The project is added to the My Projects list. All project data, including pagesets, tables, files, and contents lists, are available in the project. All pagesets are unlocked.
The Last Updated field displays the date and time the project was imported. The Last Updated by field displays the user ID for the user who imported the project.