Applications Administration Guide > Messages >
Setting Up Single and Recurring Alerts (End User)
You can set up an ongoing alert type for an individual. This individual always receives an alert when you assign a message to him.
You also can assign an alert to a single message to notify the recipient of a message. You can do this either while you are creating the message or after you have saved the message.
To set up a recurring message alert
- Navigate to the Messages screen > Messaging List > Message Alert Setup view.
- In the Message Alerts Setup list, click New.
- In the new Message Alert record, click the select button in the Last Name field.
- In the Pick Contact dialog box, select the name, and then click OK.
- In the Alert Type drop-down list, select the type of alert.
The default value in the Alert Type field is None. Other values are Email Alert, Screen Alert, and Email and Screen Alert.
To send a single message alert
- Navigate to the Messages screen > Messaging List > Daily Messages view.
- In the Daily Messages list, click New.
- In the Message Details form, click the drop down list in the Alert Type field, and then choose the type of alert to assign to the message.