Applications Administration Guide > Strategic Selling >
Adding Buying Influences Information
The Buying Influences view helps sales teams identify the role each contact plays and each contact's reason for participating in the project. The personal win and business results recorded in this view help the sales professional to understand the outcome benefit for the contact. By understanding the business and personal agendas of their contacts, sales professionals can form effective relationships and consider where to dedicate resources.
To add buying influence information
- Navigate to the Opportunities screen > List view.
- Drill down on an opportunity record.
- Click the Strategic Selling view tab.
- In the lower link bar, click Buying Influences.
- In the list, create a new record.
- In the Add Contacts dialog box, select contacts you want to add.
To enter new contacts, click New in the Add Contacts dialog box.
- In the Buying Influences list, complete the fields for the contact.
- Indicate the role of the contact by placing a check mark in each applicable field.
Fields include Economic Buyer, User Buyer, Technical Buyer, and Coach.
- Enter information in the Personal Win and Business Results fields for each contact.
- Select a Rating and Mode for each contact.
Examples of Rating are +2 Interested, and +4, Strongly Supportive. Examples of Mode are Growth, Trouble, and Overconfident.
- Enter your Evidence to Support Rating in the text field.