Siebel Assignment Manager Administration Guide > Advanced Assignment Manager Configuration >
About Configuring Assignment Manager to Copy Columns
Assignment Manager allows you to copy position- and employee-specific columnar data so that you can replace one position or employee with another and have the position or employee data stay intact. For example, you might have a sales representative who has been working on an account or contact for several days but find you need another person to take on that work. To enable this feature, you must first configure an assignment object's user properties so that Assignment Manager can find the lists of columns in the position or employee team tables. Then, you submit a component job request so that Assignment Manager retains the position- or employee-specific data in the team table for the new person. During assignment processing, the data from one position (or employee) is copied to the extension columns for the new position (or employee) before deleting the original position (or employee).
NOTE: Prior to version 7.8, Assignment Manager could only delete a record for a position that no longer qualified without copying any data.
The logic that Assignment Manager uses to copy position- or employee-specific data is as follows:
- Checks to see if the position or employee already exists in the account team.
- If yes, do nothing
- If no, skip to Step 2
- Searches to find:
- Any positions with position-specific data for the same rule group (or list of rule groups when merging sales forces) on the team.
- Any employees with employee-specific data for the same rule group on the team.
- No, do nothing
- If yes, then:
- Find the position that has the latest updated position-specific data and copy that position's data and assign it to the new position
- Find the employee that has the lasted updated employee-specific data and copy that employee's data and assign it to the new employee