Siebel Automotive Guide > Managing Quotes >
Allocating Vehicles to a Quote
Use this procedure to allocate a vehicle from dealer inventory in order to reserve the vehicle for a specific customer opportunity.
For a vehicle to be allocated to a quote, the Status field for that vehicle should be Available.
This task is a step in Process of Creating Quotes.
To allocate vehicles to a quote
- Navigate to the Quotes screen > List view.
- Drill down on the Quote # field link for a selected quote record.
- Click the Vehicles view tab.
- Select the product record upon which the vehicle was based.
- Scroll down to the Vehicles list, and create a new record.
- Click the select button on the VIN # field.
The Pick Vehicle dialog box displays all vehicles whose product matches the Product field of the line item selected in the Line Items list, that have a Status of Available, and that are in the same organization as that of the user.
NOTE: Allocating a vehicle to a quote changes the status of the vehicle to Allocated. Deleting a vehicle from a quote changes the status of the vehicle to Available.
- Select a vehicle and click ok.