Siebel Dealer Administration Guide > Overview of Siebel Dealer >
About Siebel Dealer
Siebel Dealer allows vehicle manufacturers to work with dealers as easily as they work with employees of their own company. Siebel Dealer also helps dealers manage their own operations.
To set up Siebel Dealer, the manufacturer goes through the process of enrolling dealer companies. The manufacturer can add these companies' employees or can assign this task to a delegated administrator at each dealer company.
Then, the manufacturer can share opportunities, service requests, and other business information with dealer employees in the same way as you do with your own employees.
- The manufacturer's employees work with this information using Siebel Partner Manager, which lets them manage this information in the same way they do using Siebel Automotive.
- Dealer employees view and work with this information using Siebel Dealer.
The manufacturer can also use Siebel Partner Manager to:
- Send alerts, information about special promotions, and Web messages to dealers.
- Work collaboratively with dealers to develop plans to meet strategic goals.
- Analyze dealer effectiveness, forecast revenue, manage market development funds, and analyze performance.
Dealers can also use Siebel Dealer to:
- Keep a log of customers who come into the showroom, and assign these customers to sales consultants.
- Manage information about sales opportunities and customers.
- Automatically send follow-up messages to customers after sales.
- Automatically notify sales consultants when they should contact customers to follow up after sales.
- Set up sales steps that sales consultants follow when they deal with potential customers.
- Analyze performance of sales consultants.
- Create yearly sales budgets and monthly sales forecasts.
NOTE: In addition to manufacturers, Siebel Partner Manager is useful to large dealer groups, who use it to share information with constituent dealerships.