Siebel Dealer Administration Guide > Overview of Siebel Dealer >
Added Functionality for Dealers
Because dealers are the main point of contact with automotive customers, they need more capabilities than other partners. Siebel Dealer gives them added functionality to use in:
In addition to the enhancements covered in these chapters, Siebel Dealer provides added fields in a number of screens and views to allow dealers to record additional information used in sales and service. Added fields are available in the following records:
- Opportunities. The opportunity record includes added fields that allow the dealer to enter information about the customer's target purchase horizon and monthly budget to pay for the car, the quality of the opportunity, the lead partner on the opportunity, and the status of the opportunity.
- Contacts. The contact record includes added fields that allow the dealer to enter information about the customer's preferred name, preferred call time, ideal call time, and customer ID, and a field to indicate that the customer is deceased.
- Contact Profile. The Profile view of the Contact screen includes added fields that allow the dealer to record the contact's mileage driven per year, frequency of replacing cars, discount eligibility, whether the discount was used in the past, amount spent on service and parts, preferred method of follow-up, preferred method of service reminder, and request not to contact.
- Sales History. The Sales History view of the Contact screen includes added fields that allow the dealer to view the sales team for the vehicle, the type of sale, the opportunity related to this sale, the down payment, the trade allowance, the monthly payment, the stock number, the remaining payments, the security deposit, the contract end date, and other information.
- Service History. The Service history view of the Contact screen includes added fields that allow the dealer to view the account (for a vehicle that is owned by a fleet account), make, model, mileage, repair order number, service consultant, technician, cost for parts and labor, and total cost.
- Activities. The Activity record has an added Category field, allowing dealers to categorize activities as sales activities, customer retention activities, and service activities.