Siebel Collaboration Guide > Using Siebel Collaboration >
Creating Team Spaces
Siebel users can create team spaces associated with individual opportunity and service request records. Any user with visibility to the record can create a team space for the record.
Ownership of the team space is determined as follows:
- For opportunity records, the creator of the opportunity record becomes the owner of the team space.
- For service request records, the owner of the service request record becomes the owner of the team space.
This task is a step in Process of Using Siebel Collaboration.
To create a team space
- Navigate to one of the following views:
- Opportunities screen > List view
- Service Requests screen > Service Request List view
- Select a record where the Team Space field shows a grey icon.
The grey icon indicates that a team space has not yet been created for the record.
- Click Create Team Space.
- Creates a team space
- Creates a membership list for the team space
- Sets the Team Space field to show a green icon
- Click Collaborate.
This action opens the team space.
- Use the SharePoint interface to create additional members, start discussion threads, post documents, and assign action items.
See the Microsoft Office SharePoint Help system for general information about how to use the SharePoint application.