Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Configuring Communications Drivers and Profiles > Configuring Communications Drivers and Profiles >
Adding a Custom Communications Driver
If you have developed a custom communications driver, using the Adaptive Communications API, or acquired such a driver from another vendor, you need to add one or more records for the driver in the Communications Drivers and Profiles view.
For more information about drivers and about the settings mentioned below, see Communications Driver Settings.
For more information about developing a custom driver, see Developing a Communications Driver. See also Configuring Communications List of Values Types.
To add a custom communications driver
- Navigate to Administration - Communications > Communications Drivers and Profiles.
- In the Communications Drivers list, add a new record for the driver.
The Communications Drivers form appears.
- Provide a name for the driver.
- Specify the channel type for the driver.
- Specify the channel string the driver uses to identify its own channel type.
- Specify if the driver will be used for inbound communications.
- Specify if the driver will be used for outbound communications.
- Specify if the driver is interactive.
- Enter the name of the file, such as a library file, this driver record references.
Include the complete file name of the file, with the file extension.
- For an interactive driver, enter the name of the driver's icon file.
- Optionally, provide a description for the new driver.