Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > Using Email, Fax, and Other Systems >
Interfacing with Email and Fax Servers
This section describes the parameters for communications drivers provided by Siebel Systems that support email and fax. For this release, the Internet SMTP/POP3 Server driver is the only such driver.
NOTE: For information about upgrade issues that relate to communications drivers (adapters) used in release 6.x, see Upgrading from Release 6.x.
The Internet SMTP/POP3 Server driver supports inbound email for Siebel Email Response, and supports outbound email and fax messages for many different Siebel application modules and features. Outbound email and fax messages can be sent using:
- Siebel Email Response (email only)
- Send Email and Send Fax commands
- Outbound communication requests views in the Administration - Communications screen (for administrators) and Communications screen (for end users)
- Workflow policies and workflow processes, created using Siebel Workflow
- Any module that invokes methods of the Outbound Communications Manager business service to send email or fax messages
For more information about these Siebel modules, refer to the appropriate section in this guide and to other documentation on Siebel Bookshelf.
For more information about specifying recipients for email or fax messages, see Configuring Recipient Groups for Requests and Advanced Templates and Configuring Recipients for Send Commands.
For more information about communications drivers, see About Communications Drivers and Profiles and Configuring Communications Drivers and Profiles.