Siebel Communications Server Administration Guide > About Siebel Communications Server >
What Is Siebel Communications Server?
Siebel Communications Server provides an infrastructure to support several kinds of communications activities for Siebel application users. Custom drivers for third-party products can be created using the Adaptive Communications API:
- Session-based/interactive communications. Supports multichannel interactive communications for call or contact center agents who use the communications toolbar to:
- Make or receive voice calls through computer telephony integration (CTI) supported by third-party CTI middleware packages.
- Receive inbound email messages as email work items (for Siebel Email Response, using Siebel Universal Queuing).
- Inbound communications. Supports integrating to third-party email servers and processing inbound email (when using Siebel Email Response).
- Outbound communications. Supports integrating to a variety of third-party communications systems such as email servers to send outbound communications:
NOTE: Your Siebel implementation may not have all the features described in this guide, depending on which software modules you have purchased.