Siebel Consumer Goods Guide > Inventory and Order Management >
Verifying Van Inventory (End User)
Before visiting outlets, a van sales representative will need to verify that the inventory on the laptop matches the physical inventory in the van. The inventory is verified by performing a cycle count.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Inventory and Orders.
To perform a cycle count
- Navigate to the Cycle Counting screen > Cycle Count List view.
- Create a new Cycle Count record, and then drill down on the Status field hyperlink.
- In the Cycle Count form, record the start time, and change the status to In Progress.
- In the Products list, click List Products.
This populates the list of products for the cycle count.
NOTE: Clicking the List Products button displays all products in the current van inventory belonging to a particular sales representative. Various products also have the correct product status associated to them, for example Good or Defective.
- Verify the count of the stock in your van and enter the amounts of each item in the Count column.
NOTE: You can also use the Count UOM1 and Count UOM2 fields to capture the count of the physical inventory. These fields represent two units of measure that are related by Case Pack, which is a value set up by the administrator. Updates to Count UOM1 and Count UOM2 also updates Count when it is committed based on the Case Pack.
- When you are finished entering the amounts for your inventory, click Count Complete.
This converts the Cycle Count records to read-only.
- Click the Variance view tab to compare your count with the original inventory.
- To update inventory with the current count, select those products with variances greater than or less than zero, and click Adjust.
- When your cycle count is complete, record the end time, and change the status to Done.