Siebel Consumer Goods Guide > Inventory and Order Management >
Reviewing Billings (End User)
A common activity at retail outlets is reviewing billings. The sales representative reviews all outstanding invoices, collects payment, and records the payments. The following procedure assumes there is a Review Billings activity assigned to the visit.
This task is a step in Process of Managing Inventory and Orders.
To review outstanding invoices, collect payments, and record payments
- Navigate to the Visit Execution screen.
- From the Activities list, in the Activity Type field, drill down on the Review Billings hyperlink.
The All Invoices view in the Accounts screen appears, displaying all outstanding invoices for the current account.
- Select an invoice record, and drill down on the Invoice # field hyperlink.
The Invoice Line Items view in the Invoices screen appears.
- Click the Payments view tab, and in the Payments list, create a new payment record.
- Click the select button in the Payment # field.
This launches the Pick Payment dialog box in which all residual payments or credits that may be applied to the current invoice appear.
To pay an invoice, the sales representative may either collect a new payment from the customer, or use existing credit to pay the invoice.
- To collect a new payment from the customer, perform the following steps:
- In the Pick Payment dialog box, create a new record.
- Enter the payment amount in the Amount field.
NOTE: The new amount cannot exceed the values in either the Total Due field on the invoice, or the Remaining Amount on the Payment record.
- Select a value from the Method drop-down list.
- Click Save, and then click OK.
The payment record details appear in the Payments list.
- To use an existing credit to pay off the invoice, do the following:
- Select a record for the current account in the Pick Payment dialog box.
NOTE: This is an open credit memo or residual payment credited to the customer.
- Enter the amount to apply to the invoice in the Amount field.
- Click OK.